Why do I keep seeing the message "Invalid account" in MetaTrader 4?
Here are some possible reasons:
- 1The login you entered is not correct.
MetaTrader logins contain numbers only. Your login should have been sent to your registered email address following registration.
- 2The password you entered is not correct.
Your MetaTrader password should be at least five characters in length and contain numbers as well as upper and lower-case letters of the Latin alphabet. It is case-sensitive. To avoid making any mistakes, you can simply copy and paste the password from the email you were sent following registration.
- 3You didn't select the correct server.
Make sure that you choose the server that corresponds to the range of numbers that your account falls in.
If you downloaded the MetaTrader 4 platform from a different site, your server will not appear in the list. In this case you need to download the latest version from our site. You may also simply manually enter the IP address of the server you need.
- 4The account no longer exists.
Live accounts will be deleted if they have not been activated within 30 days of being opened. To activate a live account, you will need to meet the minimum deposit requirement for your account type (learn more about this in our "Trading Terms"). Demo accounts will expire if you have not logged in for 30 days.
Alpari reserves the right to activate a client's trading account regardless of the amount of money on the account.
Did you find the information you were looking for?
More Frequently Asked Questions about Trading Platforms:
- What are the IP addresses for demo, live and contest accounts?
- How do I change my MetaTrader 4 password?
- How do I trace an IP address?
- Why do I see "No Connection" when I try to connect to MetaTrader 4?
- Why do I keep seeing the message "Invalid account" in MetaTrader 4?
- Why do I see the message "Trade context is busy" when I try to make a transaction?
- What time is displayed in MetaTrader 4?
- What is a trailing stop? Will it be triggered if I am offline?
- What should I do if I forget the password to my demo account?
- What can I find in my MT4 trading report?
- Why do I get the "Trade is disabled" message when I try to place or change an order?
- Why can't I find certain trading instruments in the "Market Watch" window?
- How can I download quote histories in MT4?
- Why did I lose the information in my "Account History"?
- Why did a bar/candle disappear from my chart?
- OptionTrader gives me 3 choices for how much I can invest in a trade. Can I enter a different amount?
- Can I change the "Payout" or "Protection Level" of a binary option manually?
- Can I set the price boundary levels for "OneTouch Options" or "Range High / Low Options" myself?
- How can I install MetaTrader on Mac OS?
- Why can't I log in to or trade on the demo version of OptionTrader?